PENTA OBTAINS FUNDING OF OVER 31 M EURO FOR D48 OFFICE BUILDING
Penta Investments, via a special purpose vehicle Corbine Investments Sp. z o.o., has signed a loan agreement with Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. for 31.25 m euro. The obtained funds will be used to refinance the equity invested so far as well as for further financing of D48, a class A office building being constructed in the central point of Warsaw’s biggest office district, at the corner of Domaniewska and Postępu streets. Up to this point, the whole building was financed from the investor’s own funds. Scheduled to be completed in August 2017, the investment will provide the local market with over 26,000 sq m of modern office space.
After the construction of D48 is completed and the building is stabilized, the loan will be transformed into a long-term investment loan with repayment deadline set for 2023.
The value of the loan amounts to 31.25 m euro, while the VAT tranche amounts to 18 m zloty. The total value of the D48 office investment will reach approximately 48 m euro.
“– D48 is the first office project executed by the Penta investment group in Poland, therefore acquiring one of the biggest Polish banks as a financial partner constitutes a great success for us. What’s worth mentioning is the fact that the project is being executed in the Construction Management format, which means that it requires close cooperation and understanding between the investor and the financing institution. The financial engagement of BZ WBK can be seen as recognition of the D48 project, confirmation of its high quality and potential, as well as increased profitability of the endeavour. Furthermore, it endorses Penta Investments’ credibility as a trusted business partner,” said Damian Grzywacz, Country Managing Director Poland at Penta Investments.
“– Every project executed by Penta is a synonym of high standards and quality, thus there are high expectations towards their financing bank. Choosing Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. as a partner for the first Penta Investments‘ project in Poland is a great distinction for us and confirmation that we are able to meet the expectations of the most demanding and experienced clients, who require tailored products,” said Paweł Sobień from Bank Zachodni WBK S.A.
About D48 project
– D48 is an A-class Office Building, located on the most prominent corner of the corporate area in the Mokotów district in Warsaw, at the intersection of the Domaniewska and Postępu streets.
– D48 shall offer over 26,000 sq met of office space, on 11 floors on the Domaniewska street side and 8 floors on the Postępu street side.
– The size of spaces available at a single floor will allow the tenants to flexibly design their functional interior spaces.
– The D48 will include spacious terraces offering a view of downtown Warsaw, and the plot on which it is built will hold green areas with modern landscaping elements.
– Owing to the efficient planning of the building's form and its placement, the clear height (2.75 m) and the fully glazed facade, each office floor of the D48 will use daylight lightining to the maximum extent possible.
– The D48 office building will involve a number of solutions which are environment-friendly and ensure top-class efficiency of the building. The building will be equipped with modern systems using smartphones.
– There will be a total of 480 parking spaces in the two-level underground parking garage and in the external parking lot. Access to both parking lots will be provided by two independent entry ways – from the Domaniewska Street and from the Postępu Street.
– The underground garage and external car parking of the D48 building shall hold charging stations for electric vehicles, and dedicated parking spaces.
– Moreover, D48 will ensure extensive bicycle infrastructure, e.g. bicycle stands and changing rooms for those biking to work.
– One of the main advantages of D48 localisation is comfortable access to the public transport, including several trams and bus lines at modernized and extended Woloska Street, a fast urban train station at Marynarska Street and convenient access to the metro line no 1. Moreover, the proximity of Galeria Mokotow shopping mall, one of the largest and most popular shopping centres in the capital.
Penta Investments is a Central European investment group established in 1994. It operates mainly in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail and real estate development. The Group manages an evergreen fund sustained by its partners, the company's only shareholders. Its portfolio companies provide jobs to more than 32,000 people and reported assets of EUR 8,5 billion in 2016. Currently, Penta's investment portfolio in Poland includes: Fortuna online zakłady bukmacherskie, Dr.Max, Empik Group, Iglotex, EMC Instytut Medyczny, Prywatna Lecznica Certus, Learning Systems Poland, Clar System and two real estate projects in Warsaw. Penta operates in more than 10 European countries and has offices in Prague, Bratislava and Warsaw.