D48 office building will soon invite to DaftCafe
Penta Real Estate and the DaftCafe coffee shop chain signed a lease agreement for 149 sq m in the D48 office building. In May this year, D48, located in the heart of the Służewiec business district, will open its doors to yet another DaftCafe in Warsaw. Within the scope of the transaction, Penta Real Estate was represented by the Savills consulting agency, the exclusive agent for the D48 office building, while the DaftCafe was represented by the Hyland consulting agency.
DaftCafe will be located on the ground floor of the building, in the corner by the intersection of Domaniewska and Postępu streets, with an entrance from Postępu Street. Due to the unique location of D48, DaftCafe will be a great meeting point not only for people working in D48, but also for the tenants, guests from the neighbouring buildings and residents of nearby housing estates. Besides excellent coffee and a wide selection of flavoured teas, DaftCafe will serve: fruit cocktails and freshly squeezed juices; daily offer of homemade pies; crispy croissants, classic French quiche and delicious sandwiches made from their in-house baked bread.
Currently, the total occupancy rate of D48 exceeds 80%. The list of tenants of the office building, which was officially opened at the end of September 2017, includes: an international healthcare company (requires data confidentiality), Smyk, Gemius SA, Intrum Justitia, Legrand Polska, Grupa Wydawnicza Foksal, Warsztat Kulinarny, Grupa Iglotex and Fortuna online zakłady bukmacherskie.
DaftCafe is a Warsaw-based coffee shop chain serving speciality coffee as well as snacks and desserts. Established in 2014, it encompasses five locations: two in the Warsaw Spire at Plac Europejski 1, and three more at Pokorna 2, Domaniewska 34A and Aleje Jerozolimskie 96. Besides providing standard catering services, DaftCafe organizes a series of events called “Coffee and Cars” and regularly gathers coffee lovers, allowing them to test different beans. In the first half of 2018, Warsaw will see the opening of a coffee shop in the D48 office building as well as two other DaftCafe locations.
Key advantages of D48 office building:
– D48 is the new generation office building with a leasable area of over 26,000 sq m on 11 floors on the Domaniewska street side and 8 floors on the Postępu street side. The size of spaces available at a single floor allows the tenants to flexibly design their functional interior spaces.
– D48 includes spacious terraces offering a view of downtown Warsaw and within the plot – green areas with modern landscaping elements and a spacious patio dedicated to future guests of Warsztat Kulinarny restaurant, which will be open on weekdays and weekends (for employees of Służewiec business district and D48 office building, as well as residents of newly built housing estates in the close vicinity).
– Owing to the efficient planning of the building's form and its placement, the clear height (2.75 m) and the fully glazed facade, each office floor of the D48 use daylight lightining to the maximum extent possible.
– In addition to standard facilities like high-speed elevators, a large number of parking spaces and access to WI-FI in the building and on the site – the building uses innovative
eco-friendly solutions that ensure the highest efficiency, as well as modern control systems operated from smartphones.
– The building offers a total of 480 parking spaces situated in a two-level underground parking garage for tenants and in the external parking lot for guests. Access to both parking lots is provided by two independent entry ways – from the Domaniewska Street and from the Postępu Street. Both car parkings hold dedicated charging stations for electric vehicles.
– D48 provides extensive bike-friendly facilities (e.g. bicycle stands and changing rooms for those biking to work, as well as bicycle lanes within the plot).
– HRA Architekci was responsible for building permit design, while EPSTEIN was responsible for the executive project.
– D48 office building has been construced in the construction management system, managed by Hill International.
– Interior design of D48 lobby is by Robert Majkut Design studio, in cooperation with Mąka-Sojka Architekci studio.
– D48 office building has been awarded the LEED® certificate on the Gold level, in the category LEED® Building Design and Construction: Core and Shell Development.
Penta Investments is a Central European investment group established in 1994. It operates mainly in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail, real estate and media. The Group manages an evergreen fund sustained by its partners, the company's only shareholders. Its portfolio companies provide jobs to more than 32,000 people and reported assets of EUR 8,5 billion in 2016. Penta operates in more than 10 European countries and has offices in Prague, Bratislava and Warsaw.